1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit our Digital Media. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website/application from which the cookie has come from, the duration of the cookie (i.e. how long the cookie will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Cookies can do this because our Digital Media can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of our Digital Media more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
3. What are different types of cookies we use?
The types of cookies that we may use can be either session or persistent, or first party or third party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are used to save your login information and remember your settings for future logins to our Digital Media. A persistent cookie is a cookie stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Digital Media that created it when you visit it again.
- Session ID cookies are used to enable certain features of our Digital Media and services, to better understand how you interact with our Digital Media and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session identifier on your computer allowing you to browse a website / application (for example) without having to log in to each page.
- First party cookies are our own cookies, which we use to improve your experience. They are associated with a user's personal information. No third party has access to the information we collect through our own cookies.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed on our Digital Media by third parties to provide their services, including advertising cookies. They set cookies (third party cookies) on your device on our behalf when you visit our Digital Media to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. You will find more information about these cookies in their privacy policies.
a. Essential cookies
Essential cookies are cookies which are strictly necessary for our Digital Media to work and to use its services and features. Without these strictly necessary cookies, our Digital Media will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Website or certain services or features you request
We also use technical cookies which allow our Digital Media to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) for customization and personalization purposes. These cookies do not gather any information about you that will be used for advertising or remember pages you visited on the internet.
These cookies are necessary to the operation of our Digital Media and therefore you cannot opt-out to their use.
b. Social Media Plug-in cookies
We use buttons to enable the sharing of our content with social networking sites. These buttons may place a third party cookie on your device that may collect usage data.
The website uses the social media buttons of Facebook and Twitter.
To object being tracked by the Facebook Social Media Button and the Twitter Social Media Button on all websites you visit, go to the general account settings of your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Then locate and click the opt-out link.
To object being tracked only on our websites/applications, use the Cookie Set Up Tool [Link einfügen!].
c. Analytics cookies
Our Digital Media may also use analytics cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use and move around our Digital Media. For example, these cookies will keep track of what pages are most visited, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to track users’ movements around our Digital Media and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Our Digital Media use analytics cookies of Google, Adform and Semasio.
To object being tracked by Google analytics cookies on all websites you visit, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To object being tracked by Adform analytics cookies on all websites you visit, go to https://site.adform.com/datenschutz-opt-out/.
To object being tracked by Semasio analytics cookies on all websites you visit, go to http://www.semasio.com/de/nc/opt-out/.
d. Marketing and profiling cookies
We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Digital Media and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your device in the course of serving advertisements on our Digital Media. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites/applications, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We use marketing and profiling cookies of BlueKai and Google.
To object being tracked by Bluekai marketing and profiling cookies on all websites you visit, go to http://www.bluekai.com/consumers.php#optout.
To object being tracked by Google marketing and profiling cookies on all websites you visit, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
e. Flash cookies
We also use flash cookies (also known as local stored objects) and similar technologies to personalize and improve the user experience on our Digital Media.
You can get information about how to manage flash cookies on this website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html.
Please note that deactivating flash cookies can affect functions of our Digital Media, so that you may not be able to use our Digital Media in full.
4. How long are cookies stored?
Cookies will have a maximum retention period after their first deposit into the user's terminal as required by applicable law.
5. How to control cookies on our digital media?
Except for cookies which qualify as essential, the cookies described above will be installed on your computer only if you continue your browsing after having read the cookie banner appearing on the home page.
Please note that if you deactivate cookies, you may no longer be able to get access to your account, view all our content or use all features our Digital Media. In addition you will notice that certain features won´t work at all or react abnormal.
If you use different devices to visit our Digital Media (laptop, smartphone, tablet) you have to ensure that each browser of each device has the right settings to fit your cookie preferences.
6. How to contact us?